Thursday, September 1, 2011

Firsts

Wellp first week back at old Radford University is almost done. Another interesting first is the new DC universe with all their number ones. Now over the summer, thanks to the Color War that went on in Green Lantern, I have seemed to become much much more of a DC fan (don’t tell Stan “the man” Lee or he’ll sick the Marry Marching Marvel Society on me). I don’t fully know how it happened but it did. My peaked interest came at a great time since DC is doing one of the biggest universe relaunches ever. 52 number ones in one month? That’s just nuts! So I’ll be picking up the titles that peak my interest like Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, All Star Western, Justice League (I'll probably pick others up well just have to wait and see). I hope to bring an outsiders perspective on the new DC universe since I didn't keep up with the old one.


I gotta say I hope they keep to the idea of streamlined books open to entirely new readers because even being the Marvel Zombie that I was until recently, I’ve gotton out of Marvel a little bit because of their status quo changing each year with a new event. People may complain when DC shakes things up but at least they do it every decade (if even that short of time span) and not every 5 GD minutes. Anyway I’m starting to ramble. I'll either do short pic video reviews of the books or text reviews, it may be a mixture of both we’ll all have to wait and see. Until then stay nerdy world!

No comments:

Post a Comment